Thursday, February 12, 2009

Couldn't Find My Meds

sorry, guys...for disappearing after the 1st period last night...but i couldn't find my pills and i got hungry...so i wandered uptown
and ordered some ribs at virgil's on one of those 40s  street -you know...like 42  or 43...one of those streets with a 40 in it...near all those bright lights and big screens...one of them even had the game on from the garden...second period...i don't remember the score but i saw one of my guys make a pretty good hit on the boards...he didn't hit the man he was trying to hit, but he made a pretty good hit on the boards...i couldn't tell which one of my guys it was...something with a 2 -but not 2, that number's retired...
i saw being raised to the rafters of the garden last year and then i saw our team lose that one, too -or win in a shootout...either way
a win is a loss or something like that...then i brought a bag of ribs back for some of the guys if they were hungry, but i guess the game ended and everyone left, so i asked these kids outside and they told me we won the shootout, then one of them hit me in the side
of the head with a giant spitball
hmmmm...i never saw a kid with a full beard throw a spitball before
so i sat down on the concrete outside the garden, men...and i unraveled the spitball because that's what my father told me
to do...he said  Rensie...that's what he called me -Rensie...if somebody out there in the world is holding some kind of grudge
against you or something like that...it's best to find out what the hell they've got against you
so i've always followed my dads advice to the letter
even the time he told me to go to hell
so i started digging but i got all these blisters and i couldn't did ANY MORE
SO I LOOKED IN THE phone book
and there was a place called hell only about 22o miles from our house
so i went there
and it was a strange little club
with a bunch of fellows wearing leather pants
if fact
that's where i met my first episcopal priest
anyhow
o sat there and kept unraveling the giant spitball
no easy task, believe me men
and inside it said
you should've won the game on graves night you piece of shit
well...i took in this observation
but then i felt hungry again
so i sat there and ate the ribs
and some guy walking by gave me a quarter
so i bought the late paper and it said my team won
in a shootout
and i tried to think if we had won a non-shootout game this season
and i couldn't remember if we had
daRN THESE RIBS ARE GOOD
ANYBODY GOT A NAPKIN
HELL
I'LL JUST USE THE newspaper
nevermind

No comments:

Post a Comment