Saturday, February 21, 2009

Renny-Body Home?

Men, Let me tell you...I just can't take much more of this...Eh -What's that Vallie? No, not losing...i'm not talking about the losing...
got no problem with the losing, it's...this traveling around -you know, city after city...St Louis ...Buffalo...and then we keep going back to New York...i can't figure this out....I mean, why do we play in the Madison Square garden so many times -when...we only play in -say, the duck pond maybe once a year...this baffles me...Home ice? What the hell does that mean -Gomsie? And -how the hell would you know what means Drusie? How?

I just got real tired all of a sudden during the game tonight, so i went into the dressing room early in the third...Ah, Buffalo...
wonderful city -yes...wonderful for about six days in late august and that is all she wrote ,men...a lot like Canada...just over the border, you know? Niagra Falls...brings back so many memories of my first marraige -well...my "almost" first marraige...
years ago...right there in Niagra Falls...I remember it like only yesterday...

...

her name was Teensie...short for Tina... she told me she was nineteen...there we were...standing before the minister in a little
chapel pretty close to the falls...it was very romantic...i thought you could hear the falls in the background -but...turned out the little chapel
was having some major plumbing problems....but me n' teensie got though the ceremony... almost

the minister had such a clear, soft and soothing sapeaking voice and a very smooth, clean-cut face and when he asked if there was anyone there   -that objected to the marraige ...i don't know what came over me...the words  I Do  just blurted from my mouth...
and the minister smiled and said  You don't sat -I Do  yet Tom...and i said  but I Do...I Do object to the marraige...and the minister asked why and i stammered  Because...Because...I think i love you now...and it was a very pregnant pause...but Teensie
didn't have a problem with my sudden change of heart and it turned into a pretty interesting weekend, to say the least...
i remember it like it was...

...

oh no...i just woke up on the dressing room floor and  -no...not that old, tired scenario...shit...it was only a dream...now here come
the boys back into the room  -Hey!  What happened Dawsie?  Lost 4-2 -eh? Well, at least we scored another goal -eh?
that's a step in the right direction...What's that -Nazzie?  Ypu want to take me to the edge of falls and then it would be a step in the right direction...ha ha...Great Bunch of kidders...

Well...maybe we can only lose in  SHOOTOUT TOMORROW MEN SINCE THEY'RE RETIRING SOMEBODY'S NUMBER AGAIN...

we'll see

No comments:

Post a Comment